Summer is over…the kids are back to school… it’s time to get re-focused and back to business to ensure you achieve your key goals before year end….
To guarantee your success, make sure to take time out of your business this September to review year-to-date performance and develop your plan for the final quarter of the year.
Here are our 5 top tips to help you with your Q4 plan:
1. Plan time to plan!
- Schedule one full day every 90 days to focus on developing a clear plan for your business each quarter. Quarterly rather than annual planning is always recommended as it keeps you focused on key outcomes, and allows enough time to test and measure new strategies and make any necessary changes.
- Pop the date in your diary and invite any key members of your team. This way you have all the key information at hand, get buy in from your senior team, and know that you are all striving towards a common goal!
- We always recommend getting out of your regular work environment so there will be no distractions.
2. Review Previous Performance
- Review year-to-date financial and strategy performance versus prior year performance.
- This provides you with an insight to what’s working, what’s not working, and what needs to change!
3. Make Any Necessary Changes
- Based on the previous quarters results, review how your approach can be improved to generate greater productivity and results over the next quarter.
- If a strategy is not yielding results don’t be afraid to scrap it and try something new!
4. Don’t Forget Your Personal Goals
- Set out your key business goals for the quarter ahead but don’t forget your personal goals too so you can achieve the work / life balance your deserve.
5. Set Realistic Timelines
- Once you have established your quarterly goals, be sure to allocate an owner and time frame for completion.
- Be sure to enter them into your calendar so they are not forgotten in the day-to-day running of the business.
Having a quarterly business plan is essential to keep you focused and on track with targets. We hope these tips help you to achieve your goals by year-end.
If you would like some help to develop your final quarter plan, why not join us at our upcoming GrowthCLUB Quarterly Business Planning Workshop, Thursday 22nd September in the Crowne Plaza Dublin Airport. Click here for more information and to register your place or call us on 01 891 6220.
Or if you would like to avail of a complimentary Business Review with one of our top Coaches to uncover ways to grow and improve your business, please fill in your details below and we will be in touch to arrange your appointment: